HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE
When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent that are vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow and thrive.
Across Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, thousands of business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in our community we have the presence and partnerships to both promise and deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors, Boards of Managers and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
A Few Volunteer Opportunities at the Santa Maria Valley YMCA:
- Annual Support Campaign
- Tri 4 Fun and Try 4 Fun Junior
- Fireworks Booth
- Healthy Kids Day and Day in the Park
- Quarterly Y Cleanups
- Golf Tournament
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
Countywide Volunteer Program
Countywide Volunteer Program (Partners in Education) is a partnership program jointly administered by the Santa Barbara County Education Office and the Santa Maria Valley YMCA. Countywide Volunteer Program was designed in response to schools' needs for support from our community. Volunteers are recruited, trained and placed to strengthen the ability of schools to meet the needs of the students.
One of our missions is to expose students to the 15 career sectors that California has acknowledged. Partners is able to accomplish this by having community volunteers participate in a number of career related events.
Career Related Events:
- Career Day
- Career Fair
- Career Panel
- Career Readiness Workshops
- High School Internships
- Mock Interviews
Our Current Volunteers Needs:
- Guest Speakers
- Mock Job Interviews
- Field Trip Chaperones
- After School Tutors
- Special Events
- and many more....
Districts/Sites We Serve:
- Santa Maria Valley YMCA
- Guadalupe Union School District
- Orcutt Union School District
- Santa Maria Bonita School District
- Santa Maria Joint Union High School
- Dos Puertas in the Santa Maria Juvenile Hall
- Good Samaritan Shelter